So last Saturday (September 12th) Alderwood 1st Ward (my home ward) had a family temple day down at the Seattle Temple. All families were invited to attend even the kids...we all met at the stake center behind the temple the the adults went to the 10:00 session and the kids stayed at the stake center and did activities...and each group of kids went to the temple to tour the grounds so they got to walk along the grounds and learn things about the temple and they got to go and touch the temple and they even went into the waiting room and had a matron at the temple come and talk to them. Unfortunately I didn't get to go on any of the tours with the kids but Lilly, Adrian, Isabella, and Hannah all had a great time. After the session we all met back at the stake center and had a BBQ it was so much fun and the kids had such an amazing time. Adrian made me especially proud because as you read in a previous post he's on a soccer team and that Saturday was his 1st game. Not only him but 2 other primary kids in the ward that are on his team went to their coach and told them that they were going to miss their 1st game because each of them were going to the temple (not because they had to but because they WANTED to) when I heard that I almost cried I was so proud of my nephew and his team mates that is such a huge sacrifice and even at their young ages they made the choice to attend the temple and knew how important the temple is!! WAY TO GO GUYS!!!
Below are pictures from the trip (I obviously wasn't endowed at this point so I couldn't attend the session but I had a great time on the grounds


























0 awesome comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments, they make me happy...be sure to keep 'em coming